I had the honor of interviewing Mellisa owner and founder of Reverie-Daydream, an online boutique that offers unique quality products from artisans from all over the world. Each item in her store has been hand picked by her and her team. Visiting her store is such a delight. You can stop by and pick out some pretty candles, dreamy pillows and a cute coin purse. It is always one of my favorite stops when shopping online. Plus, she is from the San Francisco area! Please, take a minute to learn more about Melissa and Reverie-Daydream.
1. Can you tell us a little about what inspired you to start Reverie-Daydream?
When my little girl was born two years ago, I wanted to be home with her and not be forced back into the job market. I needed to find a way to make a living, nurture my entrepreneurial spirit, and be a rock-star mama! So I combined all the roles together, and voila!, Reverie-Daydream boutique was launched in 2009. My dream became a reality.
2. When you started, what were some of the challenges, and how do they relate to some of your challenges today?
Finding time to market the boutique, search for new products/artisans, and handle every aspect of being a small business owner is my greatest challenge. There just isn’t enough time in the day, so literally, my ‘work day’ begins after 8PM when my little crumb goes to sleep. These ‘challenges’ are nothing compared to the joy and rewards I experience daily with positive feedback and sales from clients all over the world.
3. How do you pick the amazing items that are sold in the boutique?
This is the greatest part of owning a boutique ~ you meet the most amazing artisans with phenomenal creative abilities! I choose products that I would personally use or have in my home or give as a gift to friends and family. These products are made-with-love by everyday people with a story that began as a dream and turned into their livelihood.
5. Why is being involved in the blogging community important? When I launched the Reverie-Daydream boutique, I decided it would be good to connect it with a blog. My intent was to use the blog as a marketing tool for new products and discounts, but it the blog has evolved into so much more than just a boutique marketing tool. It has become a place where I share recipes, introduce artisans and other small businesses I support, discuss travel, art and anything else that makes me blissfully happy!
6. What are your must have items for Spring? I’m always searching for the perfect wedge sandal. There are so many out there that I just love and can never make my mind up! The girlie-romantic trend of pretty skirts and ruffles also makes my heart go pitter-pat, so I’m definitely going to add a few of these to my wardrobe. I’m inspired by many of the fabulous pieces you showcase daily!
7. What is your favorite thing about living in the San Francisco Bay Area? Wow! Can I really narrow this down to one favorite thing? I have so many! The overall plethora of amazing organic, sustainable, local food is definitely at the top of the list of why I absolutely adore the San Francisco Bay Area. We travel often, and I have yet to find another place which compares to the delectable and healthy goodness that abounds here.
8. Anything we should know about events or happenings with Reverie-Daydream?New products are continuously being added to the boutique. Spring is my favorite time of the year, so you can guarantee there will be a lot of fresh loveliness to swoon over!
Reverie-Daydream is also one of Sterling Style's new sponsors. Head over to the store for a 10% discount with code springbliss
I'm sorry the fonts look different (blogger was acting funny)