I've never been one for patience especially when it comes to making desserts. I enjoy an amazingly decadent treat but usually it takes me way too long. When it doesn't come out I'm left with tears and nothing but a mess. That's why I always have chocolate and peanut butter on hand. I know that if all else fails I can whip up this delicious and healthy chocolate bar with ease.
There is nothing fancy about this. It's just two healthy ingredients. I melt them, refrigerate and eat. That's it! I use dark chocolate and natural peanut butter so that it's guilt free*. The creamy peanut butter works as a great balance to the bitter chocolate.If you don't like dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate. Easy peasy!
3/4 cup dark chocolate (I use Whole Foods Dark Chocolate Squares and I don't measure)
1 large spoonful peanut butter
1. Using a small sauce pan melt the chocolate on low heat.
2. Once chocolate begins to melt add the peanut butter.
3. Stir continuously until chocolate is fully melted.
4. Pour chocolate onto a sheet of wax paper (try to keep it thicker so your bar isn't too thin).
5. Refrigerate for an hour or two or overnight.
6. Enjoy a healthy and yummy treat!
*This is guilt free unless your like me and eat the entire thing in one sitting!