Just looking at these photos makes my mouth water. I love avocado on pretty much anything, but with eggs and bread I go crazy (butter and cheese would have made me even crazier, but I was being health conscious).
I had forgotten about my love for this combination till I saw something similar on With Style and Grace. It's a fast easy meal that is savory and comforting. Next time I'll look for gluten-free English Muffins.
1 English Muffin (whole wheat or gluten free)
1 or 2 eggs (depends how hungry you are)
1 half avocado
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1. Cook olive oil in a frying pan on low/med heat for a few seconds.
2. Break the egg gently (don't break the yolk) over the frying pan. For this recipe you want eggs over easy keeping the white a little firm but with some liquid like consistency.
3. Quickly slide the spatula under and flip the egg, letting it cook for only a minute more.
4. Toast your muffin.
5. Cut half of an avocado and spoon it and smash onto the muffin.
6. Place your egg(s) onto the muffin
7. Take a bite and enjoy