If you're looking for a quick easy dessert that is both decadent and delicious, then the chocolate eclair cake could be your answer.This rich and creamy delectable is always a crowd pleaser and it's so simple to pull together. I've always loved eclairs so when my mom introduced me to the chocolate eclair cake a few years ago it was an instant favorite.
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease a 13x9 inch pan
2. In a medium bowl mix the pudding, whipped topping, milk, and vanilla.
3. Arrange a single layer of graham crackers in the 13x9 inch pan.
4. Evenly spread half of the pudding mix over the crackers.
5. Top with another layer of crackers and the rest of the pudding mix.
6. Top with a final layer of cracker.
7. Refrigerate the cake for 30-60 minutes before you add the chocolate frosting to make it easier to spread.
8. Cover the whole cake with the chocolate frosting. Cover and chill for four hours before serving.
(recipe via here)
There are other recipes where you make the chocolate. I recommend that if you have more time and energy.